United Nations University Internship 2022
Working with world-class professionals at the United Nations University Internship in Japan 2022 is an incredible opportunity for individuals to gain a diverse and dynamic experience of the real world. In many ways, the UNU internship is a top-notch international internship, but perhaps most importantly, it is a paid internship in Japan. Young professionals have gained an excellent understanding of UN work by participating in community empowerment projects throughout the year. Furthermore, this internship program allows young professionals to gain a thorough understanding of office administration.
The United Nations internship will take place in the Office of the Rector at the United Nations University. Because the interns work as junior fellows in the reactor’s office, the program is known as the Junior Fellows Internship Program. As a junior fellow at UNU, interns are constantly encouraged to meet high-level professionals, ambassadors, and influential people who have a name in promoting and achieving the UN’s mission. The junior fellows had the most challenging yet rewarding experiences while interning at UNU headquarters in Tokyo, which served as the cornerstones for their professional development.
The international paid internship program in Japan for young graduates provides opportunities to learn new skills and knowledge, as well as a unique and productive setting for the practical application of abilities gained through graduate studies. As a result, the UNU internship program is a gateway into the world of fully experienced and practical individuals for young graduates. Furthermore, the internship gives interns the opportunity to become well-known as mentors at the Office of the Rector. Participants in this internship program will have the opportunity to get involved in a variety of current initiatives that will introduce them to the University’s working processes.
Apart from their daily tasks, the young interns of this UN University internship program in Tokyo have free access to the headquarters’ library and gym, both on-site and online. They also have the unique opportunity to learn about, participate in, and help organize conferences, lectures, academic forums, and symposiums that take place both offline and online throughout the year. The productivity of this internship can be seen in the accomplishments of its former interns, who work for international organizations, the private sector, and have pursued higher education with a broad and broad perspective. As a result, the UNU Japan internship in Japan is a fantastic opportunity for graduates to advance in their careers.
Benefits of the United Nations Internship in Japan 2022:
- Junior fellows will be provided with office space and facilities.
- Junior fellows will receive a monthly stipend for the transportation and mobility cost.
- The fellows will be entitled to 1.5 days of leave per month along with the weekend holidays and the official UNU holidays.
- The fellows will have free access to the headquarter library.
- The fellows will have free membership to the headquarter gym.
Eligibility Criteria of the United Nations University Internship 2022 in Japan:
- The candidate must be currently pursuing or has recently completed (within two years of application) postgraduate studies (master’s or doctoral), preferably in a field related to the University’s work.
- There is no gender restriction.
- The candidates who are willing to do remote internships must have a personal laptop or desktop computer and a good internet connection.
- The candidate must be under 32 years of age.
- The candidate must not have more than 5 years of work experience in a related field.
- The candidate must be proficient in the English language or a native of English speaking area.
- The candidate must have extraordinary research and analytical skills. The candidate must be well versed in computer knowledge and have advanced computer skills.
How to Apply for the United Nations Internship in Japan 2022?
- The internship opens twice a year and the candidates can apply through an online application.
- Answer the questions asked in the application.
- Attach your CV and cover letter in the English language.
- The cover letter must include your interest and motivation to apply for this internship.
- The candidates have to fill in the Application Form Junior Fellow Internship Programme.docx and upload it via the link. The form may be completed using MS Word or printed and filled in by hand.
- The candidates have to fill in the Funding Form Junior Fellow Internship Programme.doc and upload it via the link. The form should outline the source, amount, and duration of actual and/or projected funding while in Tokyo.
- Two letters of recommendation are needed from the referees. The two referees will need to separately complete a Recommendation Form Junior Fellow Internship Programme.docx and accompany it with a letter of recommendation.
Documents Required for the Paid Internship in Japan:
- CV, Resume (not more than two single-sided pages)
- Two recommendation letters
- Language certificate (TOEFL, IELTS or TOEIC score report is required).
- Cover letter
- Application form
- Funding form
UNU Internship Application Deadline:
The last date to apply for the internship is 29 May 2022.